SIGforum
What 7" free float AR-M4 Handguards are available?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2690065854

July 04, 2019, 05:00 PM
GCE61
What 7" free float AR-M4 Handguards are available?
Building another M4 type AR for my son. The upper is a BCM carbine length 14.5 w/comp, with the F front sight.
So I'm looking for a 7" front hand guard that does NOT require removal of the front sight to install the hand guard.
I have used DD 7" Omega Rail (2piece) in the past, just wondering if there are other options of a freefloat handguard.
Thx!
July 04, 2019, 08:45 PM
CD228
Besides the omega (which I recommend) you could try a KAC RAS 2. They are becoming more scarce and require a different optic mount, but are drop in. You could also check mid west industries, IIRC they offered one at one point.
July 05, 2019, 10:39 AM
Super Shooter
I think Midwest Industries has a two piece drop in free float carbine lenght handguard.
July 06, 2019, 06:00 AM
Fire Away
I don't have any experience with any other two piece free float 7" rails, but I do have the DD Omega and I highly recommend it. It's fairly easy to install as well.
July 08, 2019, 07:51 AM
GCE61
Thanks guys, I ended up going back to my "go-to" DD OMEGA 7", but, I noticed they have a few new versions!
The ones I've used in the past have a pic rail on all 4 sides, they now offer models with just a rail on the top and smooth sides on the other 3 sides. They have Keymod or Mlok attachment points.

So I went with the new style Keymod, should be just the ticket.

Also with all the sales, I ordered a Trijicon ACOG with the Aurora reticle, Primary Arms offers them, should be the cats azz!!