SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just wanted to share my experience with a new Windham
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just wanted to share my experience with a new Windham Login/Join 
posted
I've been through a LOT of changes this year. I wanted a basic but very good AR. I sold off some guns that resided inside my safe and bought two guns with plenty of $ to through at my credit card. Good plan my wife agreed!

So I bought a Windham Weaponry in mid February. I shot it for the first time a month ago just to finally sight it in. I got dime sized groups at the 50 yrd sight-in distance. not bad.. not bad at all!

I went out with my son who is in the Army National Guard and very familiar with the AR platform. We shot at 100 yards using the iron sights on it's detachable carry handle. The thing wants to shoot 1 MOA. (I just won't let it haha). But we were both getting 2 1/2 inch groups at dusk. I'm sure I'll improve with practice.

I am one who pretty much likes to leave things in stock form. I'll probably not do much with this other than get a red dot and a decent sling. But I'm absolutely thrilled with it. My son said it was as good as his issued m14. He's more accustomed with 300 meter steel silhouettes, not paper targets.

The best part is the price. I got this for $535.00 on gun broker new! My FFL looked it over.

I just wanted to give a big thumbs-up for a very good, economical AR. Recent prices went up but there are some good deals out there.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
This is why I keep passing on the cheap, cheeeeap deals on ARs from companies like Radical Firearms. You can do quite a bit better for just a little bit more these days. Now if Windham would just do a mid-length AR in 7.62x39, I'd finally have the cheap, destroyable plinker I've wanted for while - without the frustrations that come with the truly cheap builds.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another nice thing about Windham I noticed. You place a call and you get a knowledgeable person right away. Maybe you can call and make a suggestion for that configuration. You never know! These are enthusiastic people.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I were in the market for an AR currently - I would not hesitate to buy a Windham.

Solid company! Great pricing.

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post