SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger PC Carbine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger PC Carbine Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
While I really don't mind the weight since I plan just to plink with it, I do wish they had planned better as far as aftermarket stocks and such.
The previous carbine was alo quite a handful.
I am still interested though.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
While I really don't mind the weight since I plan just to plink with it, I do wish they had planned better as far as aftermarket stocks and such.
The previous carbine was alo quite a handful.
I am still interested though.

Fair enough. But seriously, I'm not a wimp and my PC4 was just heavy, even for plinking. It was, IMHO, over-engineered to a fault.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
For anyone who has shot or owned both, can you compare it with the Beretta Storm?
Insights appreciated.

And people think the Ruger is ugly, this is worse! I understand them to be good shooters, kinda space gun looking.

Thank you, JDG.
Any others with observations?
Is the recoil of the Ruger appreciably less? I was surprised the first time I shot the Storm that it was a tad worse than an AR, and lots more than an MPX -- because it is direct blowback. (Though that gives it to hell and back reliability...) Supposedly the Ruger, though blowback, has some delay that mitigates recoil a bit?
Thanks.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've got about 1200 rounds thru my PCC9 with a wide variety of ammo. The only kind it seems to not care for, is the 147 truncated blunts that don't feed well in mine.

Recoil? What 'recoil'?

Main use for mine is the speed steel matches. Works great for that, with or without red dot.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post