SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Friends don't let friends shoot Wolf
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends don't let friends shoot Wolf Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've shot a ton. Steel and brass cased in pistols and in my ARs. Never had a issue.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While I normally do not purchase steel-cases ammo, I did have a Stag Model 2 that I purposely did a lot of ammo experimentation with. The steel-cases fed and functioned as well as any other load.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I got a good deal on some Tula/Wolf 5.56mm and bought a big case of it. My PSA Dissapator hated it, but oddly enough my two LMTs had no issues with it.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
About 6 rounds in it jams. Not sure if fired/unfired but pretty sure it was locked up out of battery loading a round. Charging handle is jammed, forward assist gets nothing, banging stock on ground still nothing. It is well and good locked up.

This does not sound like an ammo issue, unless there is a stuck case already in the chamber.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Wolf Gold has always been GTG for me. Especially the 8mm Mauser, which is loaded the way Germany intended.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post