SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Modified my remington 1100 for 3-gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modified my remington 1100 for 3-gun Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Since I like to do things the hard way I decided to try running my old 1100 Magnum in 3-gun competitions. I installed the Dave's Metal Works EZ loader (which is very cool), a 10-shot mag extension, and modified a plastic forend to allow more and smoother access to the loading port, in case I ever figure out how to load twins.

I have a sidesaddle coming. The barrel is 30 inches, full choke, 2 3/4", non VR, which is not ideal. But it works so far.

Anyone have a line on a VR 22 or 24" remchoke barrel, or even one that's been cut down to about that length, Please LMK.

Thanks!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Those are supposed to be some of the softest shooting shotguns on the market.

It takes some skill to keep them running with high volume 3-gunning, but it sounds like you are ok with that.

That EZ loader looks slick. If you are feeling brave you will probably need to open up that loading port to give the side of your thumb clearance for either twins or quad loading.

I started out weak hand loading the old way before progressing to quad loading.

Some live action: 3 gun is fun!!!

https://youtu.be/fz_ePPNbLsI?t=1m37s

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Full choke is better than cylinder bore!!!

You could have a gunsmith open it to light mod and shooting everything with that and almost never be handicapped.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'm looking into having it cut and threaded for tubes. But having it opened to light mod is not a bad idea. I've been running a 590 with cylinder bore and while it's fast up close, I do occasionally have trouble dropping the steel if it's out further.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:

That EZ loader looks slick. If you are feeling brave you will probably need to open up that loading port to give the side of your thumb
slick loads, man!

Yeah, the edges of the loading port are kinda sharp, and the inside of the receiver under the mag tube needs to be radiused if I really want to start loading twins or quads. The EZ loader isn't IDEAL for twins but it's way better than the stock setup. I am slow with weak hand loading anyway but it's better than nothing.