SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New acquisition: Weihrauch DSM K98 22 Trainer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New acquisition: Weihrauch DSM K98 22 Trainer Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
In a sporter stock, but looks too good to be done by Bubba. Only pictures I've seen of these show them in a full military stock. These are as rare as hen's teeth & I didn't give much for it. Can't wait to shoot it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is an amazingly cool find. I love it, sporterized or not.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is cool!!! Great find.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Posting the rifle elsewhere revealed it has been sporterized. No matter, I buy rifles to shoot and I guarantee no one else at the range will have one.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Posting the rifle elsewhere revealed it has been sporterized. No matter, I buy rifles to shoot and I guarantee no one else at the range will have one.

It’s absolutely sporterized but as you said unless you bought it purely as a collector type piece, who cares. It’s well done and will be a helluva lot of fun to shoot and own.

I am rather smitten with it myself. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I have the Walther equivalent, also marked up as a 'Sportmodell' in order to get around the Treaty of Versailles.

However, the distance between the sights, the fake bolt take-down cut-outs in the butt and the Mauser-style flag safety really give the game away. The DSM stands for Deutsche Sport Modell, but you probably knew that already. Likes yours, mine had been bubba'ed, and lost the top handguard AND the barrel band which you have kept. Mine was imported into the UK before 1954, hence the 'not English make' stamps on barrel and breech ring. It shoots very well, and still has a perfect bore from one end to the other - like your's - sheer quality for 37 RM.

Here's mine -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghG9rnKdFoo

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If Bubba sporterized it, Bubba was a good woodworker.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Update. Saw this on the butt when I was knocking a dud round out of the chamber yesterday:

Hitler Jugend (Youth) Bann 70. Looked up the number, Bann 70 was Saarbrücken. It's neat that the rifle has a history, even if the history is evil.

-Bomber Harris

posted Hide Post
Interesting, "Long Rifle" instead of Lang fur Buschen.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post