SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for Gunsmith in Houston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Gunsmith in Houston Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I'm looking for Gunsmith in Houston (preferrably North Houston).

I was installing a scope on my rifle, and had a scope ring screw snap off flush with the receiver while torquing with my Wheeler FAT screwdriver. I tried my small ez out, and I tried drilling with a small diameter drill bit, but due to the uneven fracture surface both want tools want to slide to the receiver. I don't want to damage the receiver with ham handed DIY crap so it's time to call in the pros.

It's probably a 5 min job with the right tools. Can y'all recommend someone in North Houston (i.e. North of BW8)?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rprifles.com. in Spring.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll give them a ring in the morning.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
Rprifles.com. in Spring.
Thank you for the recommendation. I called him this morning and he said to bring it on in during my lunch hour. He took one look at it and said I did the right thing as to fix it required tools measured in horsepower not volts. He has a nice shop, is friendly, and very knowledgeable.

He ended up having to use his mill to remove the sheared off screw, cleaned up the threads, installed the scope rings, installed the scope, boresighted the scope, and called saying I could pick it up before 5.

Once again, thank you for the excellent recommendation.

posted Hide Post
I'm so glad to read that. Aaron is a super nice guy and he does excellent work.

Thank you so much for the nice report.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Great to hear that he got you fixed up.
Thanks for posting this, I am going to store that info away for a future need.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Any chance he does stock inletting and bedding?

I've been sitting on a completely un-inletted Robertson Composites silhouette stock that I've been meaning to get put on my Sako Quad for years. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best thing to do is call him and ask and mention you're on SigForum.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Will do, thanks.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post