SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Talk me into or out of a mossberg shockwave
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me into or out of a mossberg shockwave Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I bid on a couple on gunbroker. We shall see...

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
You will like. Whether it replaces your standard tactical HD shotgun--assuming you already have one of those--well, that's up to personal preference. It did so for me. I bought one over a year ago and have been very pleased with it and its performance. I've put a green laser on it and with that as my sighting tool it'll easily get me minute of bear accuracy. My Lil' Shockie has also has become my default HD gun at night. Only negative is the relative cost of the Aguila mini shells.

Now looking at picking up a second one, probably the FDE Cerakote version this time around, though that stupid crazy box mag version also compels me; I brought one in for a customer and now that I've held it I can't think of a good enough reason NOT to have one. 20+1 2 3/4" shells in a Shockwave? Oh yeah, baby!

I definitely am a believer.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I see some of you guys talking about the Mini Shells, I guess because of limited capacity.
How do they stack up against regular 2 3/4" shells for defensive use?

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I don’t know the answer and I keep mine loaded with standard 2 3/4 low recoil 00 buck at home. This video is pretty interesting though.

Keep in mind he never uses the OPSol insert which is why he experienced malfunctions. With the OPSol it’s been flawless for me. Also I know there is some concern about using a part that could fall out and make the shotgun not cycle the ammunition. I’ve shot mine enough with the adapter in it to be confident that it would stay put. It fits in pretty snug.

Still for me the mini shells are for fun only. I’m confident with the 5 shells of 2 3/4 for HD.

https://youtu.be/13LaTffG1K0

ETA: The guy made a second video with the adapter in place.

https://youtu.be/vIiMmWv9h7Q

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post