SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Lower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Lower? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
My nephew's birthday is right around the corner and he would like an empty AR15 lower as his gift from me. He's already purchased a Palmetto State kit that includes all the parts for the upper, as well as a lower parts kit (was on sale recently). The Palmetto State lower he wanted is of course on backorder following Black Friday, so should I buy him something else, or does Palmetto restock fairly often where I can wait for this item?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
All the gun stores here have lowers of all types to choose from.

Anderson lowers are about $60 at my LGS
Which by the time you add in shipping and the transfer fee the $30 lower online is about $60.

Or for bit of work an 80% lower is about $70 for a billet one.
The jig and router is an added cost but you only have to buy it once.
Because there is no such thing as only one AR after you start down that road.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
If he wanted a PSA lower and you got him a Spikes or Aero I don"t think he would be upset.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites..

https://sonsoflibertygunworks....ions/lower-receivers

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
If he wanted a PSA lower and you got him a Spikes or Aero I don"t think he would be upset.
My fall back was an Aero lower, but its on backorder too at Primary Arms. Black Friday must have been pretty good.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Aero lower...

https://www.armorally.com/shop...ower-receiver-gen-2/

$72.00 with a 25% discount at the cart dropping it to $54...

Have you checked any of the local gun stores near you to see what they may have in stock...I can buy cheaper locally than transfering an online order ($30 + $10 background check).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^That's a good price especially with the 10% and free shipping code VD3 added (today only) Cool

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
OK, I checked out sunsoflibertygunworks and they have this AR lower.

LMFAO!!!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Sons of Liberty GW is great. I ordered a “Scalper” lower on Thanksgiving.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:

...Anderson lowers are about $60 at my LGS
Which by the time you add in shipping and the transfer fee the $30 lower online is about $60.

They're $40 now, but every few weeks Primary offers them for $30 with a limit of three. Last time my FFL pal charged me $15 for all three.

https://www.primaryarms.com/an...er-receiver-ar-15-a3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I should have a PSA lower I can sell you.

Any interest?

E-mail in profile.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I bought a Rock River bare lower for $95 and put all RRA parts in it. I am pleased with myself.

I have seen Anderson lowers for about $45. Any good?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I have seen Anderson lowers for about $45. Any good?

I have only used one of the Anderson lowers for a build and it was good to go...my brother has built 5 I think...no issues.
If I need (or not Smile) another lower and I find an Anderson locally at a good price (they go for $39-$49 here from time to time)...I will buy it.

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
I've heard of others saying they had issues with Anderson lowers, but I've built quite a few AR's on them and zero issues so far.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I've heard of others saying they had issues with Anderson lowers, but I've built quite a few AR's on them and zero issues so far.

I've built 2 with Anderson lowers and didn't have an issue either time.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I should have a PSA lower I can sell you.

Any interest?

E-mail in profile.
Thank you to Edmond for a painless transaction on a PSA lower. Great guy to deal with if anyone else has the opportunity.