SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    rail covers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rail covers Login/Join 
posted
any suggestion for buying at reasonable price?
any help will be appreciated

Posts: 73 | Location: Raymondville south texas | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Larue Index Clips: https://www.larue.com/products...xclips-72-piece-set/

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm a big fan of Larue Index Clips:

Thanks for that. They look good and that 50% discount is definitely nice, especially considering how over-priced most rail covers are.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, just ordered ..

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a paracord wrap? It’s light, cheap, and comfortable. Granted, it’s a pain to install/remove frequently but if you’re locked down on your kit and don’t plan frequent changes then it’s pretty nice.

Pic from WWW

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
I'm a big fan of Larue Index Clips:

Thanks for that. They look good and that 50% discount is definitely nice, especially considering how over-priced most rail covers are.

Amen, order placed. Thanks for the link Rogue!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul makes decent rail covers( Larue has them for sale ) , so does Daniels Defense and Tango Down and ERGO makes decent rail cover ladders.

I had the larue clips, but I took them off. I was playing with different configurations and removing and putting them back on got annoying. Also, the handstop that came clips would slide a little back and forth. I also found the clips to be less "grippy" than I liked. But, That was circa 2010, so they may have improved them since then.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Im gonna try that paracord thing. That seems pretty cool.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a big fan of Larue Index Clips: https://www.larue.com/products...xclips-72-piece-set/

R0gue - Thanks Sir for this link. I just ordered me two sets since they are at half price....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:

I've been using the ladder style covers in the background of the photo. I cut them to length.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Magpul makes decent rail covers( Larue has them for sale ) , so does Daniels Defense and Tango Down and ERGO makes decent rail cover ladders.

I had the larue clips, but I took them off. I was playing with different configurations and removing and putting them back on got annoying. Also, the handstop that came clips would slide a little back and forth. I also found the clips to be less "grippy" than I liked. But, That was circa 2010, so they may have improved them since then.

Magpul rail covers is made by Ergo (or was at one time). The Ergos are cheaper.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never even thought about the paracord thing. Very cool, thanks.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Out of all the rail covers I have tried, and I have tried a lot, I prefer the ladder style. They are light, they do not increase the girth, and they are easy to install, remove, and cut to size if needed. I did put the Larue clips on my 6940P to try but I will eventually replace them with some ladder covers when I get around to it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

Magpul rail covers is made by Ergo (or was at one time). The Ergos are cheaper.

I'm talking about the XT rail panels. I don't see them in the Ergo catalogue but they have some newer offerings. I'm rather surprised to hear that Magpul outsourced their plastic.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Does the heat of the barrel melt the para cord? Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I was looking for something for my Bren 805 PS1 when I remembered these but couldn't remember who made them but RogueJSK did, they're available in Black, FDE and these nice looking units; made by http://alienarmorgear.com/

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I like the knights armamnet ones but not real cost effective

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Tried most of the brands mentioned and like the ERGO's best.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How are the Magpul MLOK panels? Are they hard plastic or more rubbery like Hogue grips?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
^^^the type 2 mlok panels are hard plastic but agressive which was nice. They do add a little bulk, but liked them a lot on a forend I used in the past. Switched to a mk8 geissele rail and used them again for a little, but have switched to the bcm panels. Those are a lot smaller and just fit in the slot which I liked.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post