SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M1 Carbine sling and oiler replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1 Carbine sling and oiler replacement Login/Join 
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted
Apologies for not including this question in my earlier query, but I didn't realize Dad couldn't find the sling and oiler.

Looking for a practical, non-original sling and oiler that won't tear up a 1942/43 Inland when shooting, came across the following. I'd really appreciate any feedback or other not too pricey alternatives. Thanks.

Oh, and I'm not sure about the World War Supply ammo pouch -- might be too cheesy -- but interested in the sling/oiler.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/carb...ilerandslingset.aspx

https://www.worldwarsupply.com...er-Buttstock-Pouch-1

https://www.keepshooting.com/m1-carbine-sling.html

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Shoot me an email with your mailing address. I have a spare repro M1 Carbine sling and oiler I'll mail you. Instant Karma.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Awesome gesture Rogue. Holger will be tickled when he checks his post!

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Shoot me an email with your mailing address. I have a spare repro M1 Carbine sling and oiler I'll mail you. Instant Karma.

Thank you kindly, sir, I believe I'll take you up on that offer. I'll be happy to pick up the shipping. If you get down this way, we can try to set up a chance for you to take it out for a whirl -- and if the outdoor range isn't under water, and there's time, then maybe we could get out it's big brothers Garand and Smith-Corona 03-A3. Contingent on you bringing Hermione along, of course Wink

________

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
My dad was badly wounded on the island of Tinian during WWII. I have a receipt where he had to sign for the loss on a M1 carbine, 20 round magazine, sling and an oiler. At the time all he could do is mark an X with his left hand.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Bump. Still need a mailing address.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Sorry, got tied up in family stuff. Sent.

________

Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Well, Rogue came through in a big way -- package arrived with extraordinary lagniappe: two magazines!

I'll post pictures of all installed once I pick it up from the FFL here (hopefully tomorrow or Friday), along with two other items, probably in the Lounge or Mason's Rifle Room.

Many thanks for this outstanding instant Karma.

________