SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bolt Action Rifles With Iron Sights
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt Action Rifles With Iron Sights Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They make short magazines for the Ruger GSR that don't stick out far below the stock

I have older rem 700 sporters in both 223 and 308 with factory irons.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likewise with the Mossberg Patrol Rifle, a short mag is available that still projects, but not that much. I have the CZ and the Mossy; at 100 yards there is not a spits worth of accuracy difference, both will come very close to MOA. The CZ has a smoother action, but the triggers are pretty much equal. The CZ has a Mannlicher stock which handicaps it at longer ranges while the Mossy has a synthetic stock which does not build up as much heat over sustained firing.
Both have iron sights and come with about the same price tag.
The Mossberg is my duty rifle, the CZ has too nice of a stock to pack it in a vehicle every day.
Either one will do excellent duty as an iron sighted .223.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Pre 64 Model 70FW 308 with Lyman or Redfield peep.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
While a bit costly, most of the Sako 85 models can be ordered with iron sights. There are a few older Sako models that sport irons as well, albeit not the flip up (Rauchenberg?) type.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post