SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Precision shooting barrel length question....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Precision shooting barrel length question.... Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I will say, since I've been talking about my 20" 6.5 CM, that the reason for the barrel length is that that's what it took to keep the weight of that particular gun under 9 pounds, which was necessary for a type of competition I wanted to use the gun in (hunter-class metallic silhouette).

At the time, I would have been happy to keep a few extra inches if I could have. I still might, but I've been very happy with the rifle's performance, short barrel and all.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The actual intended use of the rifle would have been helpful information. Withholding that until the second page seems like a bit of a disservice to those that took the time to reply. You need to consider the rules for the match you intend to use the rifle for.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
The actual intended use of the rifle would have been helpful information. Withholding that until the second page seems like a bit of a disservice to those that took the time to reply. You need to consider the rules for the match you intend to use the rifle for.

Are you talking to me? I'm not the original poster, I'm one of the people responding with information about the 6.5 CM in various barrel lengths.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, I was confused and thought you where the OP. Please excuse me.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
No worries.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:

I believe I included that on the first page. Novice shooter, precision target, initially out to 300', but do not want to be limited.

However, the read question was accuracy and barrel length for 6.5 Creedmore regardless of use.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post