SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Parts Kit Builds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parts Kit Builds Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Thought this might be an interesting thread. Post the rifles you've built or had built from all of the military parts sets available out there. From AK's to Vickers guns Big Grin Will add some of mine soon, been digging in the safes giving all the rifles in storage some tlc

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Vz. 2008

Built from a Czech Vz. 58 parts kit, with an American barrel and receiver.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
All of these are homebuilds except the PSL on the left and the Saiga 12 at the top. Most are on self bent receivers.

We had a build party where we put together about 25 of these bad boys in a single weekend.

Built this Garand from spare parts.

this is the only kit gun i've outsourced.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
8mm Madsen built by MMC

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Most are on self bent receivers.

Jeez. You haven't taken a crack at the CETME L yet, have you?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Most are on self bent receivers.

Jeez. You haven't taken a crack at the CETME L yet, have you?

Nah. AK flats are a lot easier to deal with.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you say self bent, what do you mean?

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanna play with the big boys like you guys... I am so jealous...

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
My %80 1911 I just finished.

Can't figure out how to imbed so link:
Linky to 1911

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by majbgd:
When you say self bent, what do you mean?

Receivers for "stamped" weapons start out as a flat piece of steel that's cut to shape and has any necessary holes already punched out. The "flat", as it is then called, is then bent around rods or a mandrel until it's in at least roughly the correct boxy shape. Where necessary, it is then welded together. Any additional parts that are needed are then welded (or, I think, pinned) into place, and you have a fully functional receiver that's ready to be assembled into a rifle.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
This is the G3 I built. I had a better picture but cant find it.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
This was a real Colt M16A1 at one point in time.

New barrel and new lower, initially it had a neutered mil-spec m16 fire control group but now it has a Geissele SSA. The safety lever is still neutered full-auto but it has the nub ground off that would depress the disconnecter. So it does rotate 3 positions, safe-semi-semi.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A “well loved” G1 I built up few years ago. Sorry I sold this one, it wasn’t the most practical rifle, but it had a certain somethin or other that made it fun to haul out to the range...

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
8mm Madsen built by MMC

That Madsen is sweet!

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have a Garand receiver I picked up really cheap a while ago. Is there a guide to make sure it's in spec before I send it out for a BM59 build?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I’ve built a few AK’s

I’ve built several G3 kits with standard barrels but this one is the only one I’ve still got, I sent the barrel to have a custom trunnions made and the chamber flutes cut.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post