SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Not 56k friendly - Some comparison pics of BCM KMR & ALG EMR V2 w/Inforce WMLX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not 56k friendly - Some comparison pics of BCM KMR & ALG EMR V2 w/Inforce WMLX Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Just some miscellaneous comparison pictures of the KMR & EMR rails, includes Inforce WMLX Gen 2.

KMR has a BCM Gunfighter light mount and the WMLX & EMR combo is using the Kinetic Dev. Group Kinect system.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Why not just put a KMR to Pic rail on the 3 o'clock side of the BCM? Seems like it would tighten up the WML to the weapon a good bit, ala the ALG.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Why not just put a KMR to Pic rail on the 3 o'clock side of the BCM? Seems like it would tighten up the WML to the weapon a good bit, ala the ALG.

Yeah, simply attaching a small rail section to the 9:00 Keymod slots seems like a much more straightforward setup for a 9:00 light. Your KMR should have come with a free rail section too (along with a sling mount and Torx wrench).

I use the same BCM light mount for the WMLx on my KMR, but mine's mounted on the 9:00 Keymod slots and positions the light at ~11:00. Basically the opposite of your setup. (I'll see if I can get some photos posted up later.)

In my case, the mount's extra standoff from the handguard is useful. I prefer my WMLs to be mounted at the 10:00-11:00 position. However, a simple rail section attached to the 10:30 Keymod slots doesn't allow sufficient room between the side of the 10:30 rail and the side of the 12:00 rail to attach a WMLx. The WML's attachment system is a smidge too wide for that. But with the BCM offset mount, there's just enough room for the WMLx to squeeze in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming you guys are talking about 3:00 from the barrel-side not the receiver-side right?

I bought the BCM mount & the light separately and actually had never handled either until I got them so I didn't know what they would look like mounted; yeah, after I put it together I realized that I was going to have to either get the rail section or swap out the KMR with the ALG.

@Rogue, I'd appreciate some photos of your setup; I liked the setup of the light being at 9:00 (receiver-side), seemed comfortable but would be better if I could get it closer to the rail.

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was talking about 9:00. (3:00 from muzzle end.) Sorry for the confusion. I've edited my previous post.

Here are some quick and dirty shots of what I was describing on my setup.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yeah, I have the same setup but with an X300 on my BCM KMR-A 13" rail (16" barrel).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll see if I can get my light mount moved.