SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Optic for Astigmatism
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Optic for Astigmatism Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I also have astigmatism...red dots just don't work very well for me...I was in the process of buying one of the older Leupold Prismatic scopes but the owner changed his mind and "repossessed" it for use back on his turkey gun (he is a good friend albeit a fickle one but friendship covers a multitude of sins...even on buying rifle glass) Big Grin

That was a great optic and I enjoyed it on my 522 until after a short time, it went back home...

To replace it I ended up buying one of the Vortex Spitfire AR (1X) scopes and in some ways I like it about as much or better...especially the ability to go from red to green illumination...it's got a pretty sharp reticle (even the 1MOA dot) that doesn't look like a blob to me like the red dots I've tried...it's plenty bright and works well without illumination...

For a under $250 it's a good value IMHO if you are looking for a conventional projected red dot replacement...I really like it Smile

Edit...if you want to add a QD mount, the one from American Defense...the Aimpoint T1 Micro Mount will work according to the Vortex website.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at DI Opticals red dot sight; the FC1 and the EG model. They are prism based and work well with astigmatisms because of the prism design.

Posts: 172 | Registered: August 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post