SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "DoD just bought this formidable new sniper rifle from Barrett in .300 PRC"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"DoD just bought this formidable new sniper rifle from Barrett in .300 PRC" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I don't think the MRAD is 27 lbs. Since they didn't have much to say about it, the article somewhat confusingly switches to talking about the upgraded M107 .50 cal which now "only" weighs 27lbs.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
I'm actually in the market for a new rifle. I haven't added to the collection in several years. I'm looking at something I can play with out at some range, and the .300 PRC is looking pretty good.

The MRAD seems to be getting good reviews. Per the Barrett website, you can't get one in .300 PRC, but they do have a kit that allows re-barreling and chambering. So two rifles in one.

I did look at the Ruger Precision Rifle, and I'm not overly impressed. Seems way too light. The MRAD appears to be taking the other approach at 27 pounds.

Now if I could find someplace that actually had it in stock so I could touch it before I buy.... (Location is Augusta GA area, but I'm not against the idea of a weekend road trip.)

Well if you're ever up in the Raleigh NC area - you can try out mine.
It's super fun to shoot! (.338LM)

I might take you up on that. Could be worth a road trip!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be mistaken but this new round is a .30cal with the Ruger .375 as the parent case.

Posts: 165 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chimper:
I may be mistaken but this new round is a .30cal with the Ruger .375 as the parent case.

Correct, it's essentially a brand name given to the 30-375R wildcat, with some refinements.

I found a rather descriptive article of the 300 PRC here.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post