SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Short Barrel Receiver, I must be missing something.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Barrel Receiver, I must be missing something. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Short barrel receiver $399 vs. $289 receiver.

What makes a receiver a short barrel receiver if it is the lower only and does not have a barrel?

What is the extra $110 for?

I must be missing something, can someone please explain?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It transfers as a factory made rifle instead of a you built it rifle. You pay the transfer tax up front, but you won't have to engrave it. Bushmaster will be the maker of the firearm on the form.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
So $110 to avoid the extra engraving.

Hadn’t thought of that, thanks.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And right now with Form 1 e-filing clearing inside a month, why wait 8 months for that thing?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its on a form 3 so it really doesn't buy you much in terms of anything. And I haven't looked in detail but I question if it can actually transfer in the form of a raw lower.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Its on a form 3 so it really doesn't buy you much in terms of anything. And I haven't looked in detail but I question if it can actually transfer in the form of a raw lower.

I had no trouble transferring a bare Colt 6933 lower. I just had to state intended caliber and barrel length on the stamp application.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post