SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 716 Lancer Rail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 716 Lancer Rail Login/Join 
Picture of rob99vmi04
posted
I was very fortunate to pick up a Gen 1 Sig 716 for an incredible price. The rifle is heavy and blocky, but I'm looking into that Lancer rail for it anybody have one. Looking at the extended version, trying to see if its worth it.

END TRANSMISSION................

Posts: 539 | Location: NOVA | Registered: August 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I have the gen1 716DMR and was disappointed to find that it’s pretty much proprietary ... wish I’d picked up a Lancer too, just to have an option!

Other than the handguard & trigger (a 6-7 pound Gieselle) which I have replaced with a 3.5 pound varmint trigger, I’ve been very happy with it.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I had a SIG 716 Gen 1 also. It was a great rifle with no complaints except for the weight. I looked into the Lancer rails, but for the money I didn’t think it was worth it to lose a few ounces. If you get one, post a pic of it mounted!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, didn't like it, took it off.
Been sitting in the parts bin for a couple of years now.
Went back to oem rail.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post