SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Psa5 (psa mp5 clone)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Psa5 (psa mp5 clone) Login/Join 
posted
Any word on these? When I try to look them up on google I can’t find anything newer than Jan/Feb of this year. Psa seems strangely tight lipped on this thing

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Rumors on various forums say they will be coming out very late in 2018, or early 2019.

IMO, they are going to need to be well below $1500 in price, or they will start having to compete with the clones from Zenith.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as to price after initial supply & demand level out. They could have a winner.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They claimed around 800 bucks at shot show. They are planning on multiple models in multiple calibers. I just figured they’d have something on their website about it

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
If the reviews are good I'd definitely love to get one. The tailhook MP5 brace on a standard configuration is what non-NFA dreams are made of.

And a second one with a surefire foregrip and aimpoint.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they come out with a good 10mm version I'll just go banannas. After I get the 9mm navy version of coarse

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I suspect that they will not hit their $800 mark.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
$800 would put it in the Century range, sometimes you get what you pay for but sometimes a bit more ... But from reviews on HK Pro, I was one of the lucky ones.

I bought what Century calls the 93 Pistol but it's actually a clone of the HK53 without a stock. I bought it for use with my registered sear.

It's ugly, the finish, well suffice it to say it more than sucks ... But after correcting the locking piece to one for a 53 it runs like a champ. I had enough confidence in it that I SBR'd it so I can keep a stock on it at all times as it's good to shoot in semi too.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
If anyone can do it, PSA can do it. Who ever thought you'd be able to get a GOOD AR15 for $350? PSA has em all the time. Granted they didn't start that cheap, but they've been that way for a while now. I believe PSA is single handedly keeping AR prices down and I love them for it.

I hope they make it cheap and good and eveyone owns one in a few years. I've rented an MP5 and it was so darn fun to shoot... I've wanted one ever since.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
They claimed around 800 bucks at shot show. They are planning on multiple models in multiple calibers. I just figured they’d have something on their website about it
Really, I was told they refused to even hint at a price at Shot Show.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...-mp5-clone-revealed/

"I asked the PSA rep if the guns will sell for around $1,000. He politely informed me that PSA doesn’t have firm pricing yet — but their MP5-a-like should end up playing in that ballpark."

Picture of Raptor
posted Hide Post
PSA says that they are in the process of coming out with a new generation of pistol caliber carbines per their affiliation (common ownership, I think) with Lead Star Arms, which has a higher end 9mm PCC line. The upcoming PCCs will have bolt hold-open plus other unspecified changes.

Seems logical that PSA is bringing online more manufacturing capacity with the LSA inclusion. That should help with their MP5 line.

Posts: 25 | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
If the reviews are good I'd definitely love to get one. The tailhook MP5 brace on a standard configuration is what non-NFA dreams are made of.

And a second one with a surefire foregrip and aimpoint.

Absolutely !!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
If anyone can do it, PSA can do it. Who ever thought you'd be able to get a GOOD AR15 for $350? PSA has em all the time. Granted they didn't start that cheap, but they've been that way for a while now. I believe PSA is single handedly keeping AR prices down and I love them for it.

I hope they make it cheap and good and eveyone owns one in a few years. I've rented an MP5 and it was so darn fun to shoot... I've wanted one ever since.

I really don't think that comparison is valid as the AR market is over saturated right now ... about the only way to sell them is to make them cheap.

The HK market on the other hand isn't saturated ... will they be less expensive than the HK, Zenith, and Omega? Probably ... but we'll see how they stack up.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post