SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Fostech echo trigger install explosion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fostech echo trigger install explosion Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
I bought an Echo 2 trigger last summer and installed it. I liked the feature so I picked up a few more for some of my other ARs. Never got around to installing them until last night. It was late and I was working quickly because there were several things I was doing to multiple rifles and optics.

Anyone who has read the install instructions or seen a YT video about it knows DO NOT release the hammer while the trigger pack is out of the gun. There are two 'hyper fire' springs that are only captured by the arc of the hammer stopped against the mag channel of the lower. If the hammer is released out of the lower, the whole assembly flies apart.

So I'm carefully handling the trigger pack preparing to install it in the lower and POW! right in my hand the pack becomes a mushroom cloud of springs and seats! I confess I shouted a bad word. Maybe two. I've seen a YT video of a guy reassembling one of those trigger packs and it looked clumsy and tedious.

Long story short, it turns out if you use the table top as a third hand, you can fairly precariously reassemble the unit using most of the fingers to hold the six pieces in place under spring tension enough to re-seat the hammer. Big Grin

Those echo triggers trip pretty easily. I don't even remember touching the trigger shoe. lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I wrap mine in Scotch tape if I need to take it out and do work on it.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a slave pin for my triggers

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post