SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Fast shooting a lever action rifle...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fast shooting a lever action rifle... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...all I can say is WOW Eek...you hear the steel ring!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eYQBgi0TRGU

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lever gun was the AR of its day. I wont ever be without one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
That's pretty dang impressive.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hope he never has a squib

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Was that your very first thought at seeing such a demonstration? Negative waves, man, negative waves.

Squibs are possible with any gun, and the only difference between its happening with this one and a revolver or even a bolt action fired at speed is a matter of degree, not kind. Some people will tell us to wait 30 seconds, or a minute, or—heck—until next month if we have a misfire because it might be a hangfire. Others of us, though, react and clear them immediately. Unless we’re going to avoid them entirely, there are very few certainties with guns and shooting.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I noticed the shooter has a short throw kit in the rifle. That helps greatly in being able to shot that fast.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
That's pretty impressive.....

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
CAS isn't my thing but it is something to see what they can do with those guns.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Was that your very first thought at seeing such a demonstration? Negative waves, man, negative waves.

Squibs are possible with any gun, and the only difference between its happening with this one and a revolver or even a bolt action fired at speed is a matter of degree, not kind. Some people will tell us to wait 30 seconds, or a minute, or—heck—until next month if we have a misfire because it might be a hangfire. Others of us, though, react and clear them immediately. Unless we’re going to avoid them entirely, there are very few certainties with guns and shooting.

No shit. Was shooting with a friend who split the barrel of his lever gun rapid firing when he had had a Remington factory .357 squib on him. It was kind of exciting and broke me of the habit. Notice I didn't recommend against doing it. I just said I hoped he didn't have a squib.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is 10 rounds in less than 2 seconds !!! Some liberal snowflake might think this was automatic firing or he had a bumpstock. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNeySEOXUcI

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how many times he's had his finger get trapped between the tip of the trigger and the trigger guard on the lever. Bet it was more than once and I'll bet it hurt like hell every time. Skills such as this take time to build and to achieve that kind of rate of fire I suspect this fellow has been refining his skill since he was a teenager. Rifle also looks to be a 1873 Winchester and IIRC that particular design was noteworthy for the smoothness of it's cycling.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same can be said for anybody, with any firearm, that can shoot at sub .20 splits, which is an awful lot of people, particularly when you consider semiautomatic rifles and handguns.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

The same can be said for anybody, with any firearm, that can shoot at sub .20 splits, which is an awful lot of people, particularly when you consider semiautomatic rifles and handguns.

Naturally