SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rifle Stands, anyone know where to find these?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Stands, anyone know where to find these? Login/Join 
posted

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Two blocks of wood, screwed together, with a dowel sticking out of one?

Easy peasy, got ten of them in my garage, $75 each - delivered. But for you my friend, a special deal, please don't tell anyone, I'm losing mucho dinars on the deal - $60 each, but you pay for delivery. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Can you show a picture of it in use?

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
Can you show a picture of it in use?

It was being used in a local Gun-store and I am sure I will be back before long.

It caught my eye because I thought I could use them to prop up smaller guns in the back that the rifle rods dont quite make it.

and for 65 a piece? why so cheap? volume discount Smile

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Rifle oriented muzzle-down over the dowel? Or is the dowel to maintain separation between stocks with muzzle-up?

I'd imagine these would be extremely easy to make for pretty cheap.

1x 8ft 2x4
1x dowel
Drill
Chop saw
Couple screws per block
Wood glue if want them to be super sturdy

Could knock a dozen of these out in an hour with time for a beer after.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stock goes against dowel.

Thats the issue with "knowing how to do things".

I have my own skill set that does not include wood working. In addition, I have no space or tools to conduct this type of project.

The SBRs simply wont make it to the top of the gun safe with the rifle rods, need a booster, these are perfect, I will see if I can get a photo of them in action at some point.

if anyone can make them, maybe others are interested, I would be in for 5.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^^ for my short carbines, I put an empty 50 cal ammo can in the safe and stand the guns on it. I use those plastic rods with Velcro on the top to keep the guns from being knocked over...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, I get the Ammo can thing. I was just looking for other methods and when I saw this, seemed interesting.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member