SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Upgrade an old-school 870P or swap it out for a Beretta 1301 or Benelli M2 for HD?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrade an old-school 870P or swap it out for a Beretta 1301 or Benelli M2 for HD? Login/Join 
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I vote keeping the 870. Very solid, reliable, effective gun that you are used to. My bedside gun is a 20" 870 12 go with rifle sights, butt cuff. Plenty enough for me.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
there are fancier, uber-cool, very reliable, and very expensive alternatives to the 870. I have 3.
I toted one around in my car at work, and still tote one around in my car now that I'm retired. You practically have to beat them to death and then torch them to ruin one. I think it's the best pump gun ever made.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I vote "870 rebirth"

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45ProCarry:
If you can afford it, buy a Benelli M2 Tactical.

Same. I have a wonderful 870P. I also have a M2 Tactical. I can straight slaughter a group of targets with the M2. It's so fast, so handy and "flickable". I can do good work with an 870, but the M2 is just a better combat shotgun . I'd even call it the best combat shotgun on the planet.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
related but unrelated...

put a Mesa Tactical stock on my M1 the other week.

Very impressed.

Now my affinity for that shotgun goes to 11.

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post