SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    300 BLK dedicated mags a necessity?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 BLK dedicated mags a necessity? Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I use the rubber bands marked 300 BO- red letters. Purchased thru Primary Arms. I also have a Red charging handle , so I know which upper is 300 BO. Absolutely no 300 BO and 556 on the active range at the same time. I’ve been searching for 300 BO mags with no luck.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Absolutely no 300 BO and 556 on the active range at the same time.

One of the wisest ideas.

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I use the rubber bands marked 300 BO- red letters. Purchased thru Primary Arms. I also have a Red charging handle , so I know which upper is 300 BO. Absolutely no 300 BO and 556 on the active range at the same time. I’ve been searching for 300 BO mags with no luck.

A coupla' days ago Larue Tactical had Lancer .300 BO Mags in stock...

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells has the Magpul G3 30-round 300 Blackout Mags back in stock.

If you buy 10 ($150+) - there is a discount code for $15 off.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
blue painters tape around all my 300blk mags, because I'm the schmuck dumb enough to be the better idiot and screw up.

I also have 3 dedicated 300blk PMags, and one of those super overbuilt HK 416 mags that is dedicated to 300 blackout.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Proven Outfitters has Magpul 300 BO mags!!

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I would like to add that using shorter OAL rounds can create an issue when using the dedicated 300 mags. I’ve had issues with my 300 Lancers when fully loaded while using my 150gr and lighter loads (minus the Barnes). If the mag is loaded to 25 I don’t have an issue with the shorter rounds. Something to consider depending on what your shooting. Just my personal experience

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I've dedicated a couple of HK mags solely to 300 BO. They are built like a tank and I know immediately when I pick one up but after reading this thread I have ordered some of the elastic rubber band markers as another layer of safety.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
I would like to add that using shorter OAL rounds can create an issue when using the dedicated 300 mags. I’ve had issues with my 300 Lancers when fully loaded while using my 150gr and lighter loads (minus the Barnes). If the mag is loaded to 25 I don’t have an issue with the shorter rounds. Something to consider depending on what your shooting. Just my personal experience

I have a couple of the Lancer 300 BO mags that are dedicated to sub sonic (215 gr). It does not reliably feed the smaller bullets. I think Lancer has a warning about it.

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Magpul just announced 20-round 300 Blackout magazines here. Another possible way for easy identification.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Brownells has the Magpul G3 30-round 300 Blackout Mags back in stock.

If you buy 10 ($150+) - there is a discount code for $15 off.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Just ordered one of those packs.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post