SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Where to buy Ruger SR762? *Received the rifle — some oddities*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy Ruger SR762? *Received the rifle — some oddities* Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You got the legs right if they fold forward, I thought you might have them folding back toward the shooter.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos Powermad. I just looked mine over and checks out fine (photos are mine):

Mag catch is located up high:

Carrier is indeed chamfered:

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
You got the legs right if they fold forward, I thought you might have them folding back toward the shooter.

Big Grin

Ahh okay Big Grin

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other changes Ruger made at some point are moving to a Magpul stock and grip, changing the barrel steel to being made with 7120 allow steel vs 41v45 chrome-moly-vanadium, and changing out the trigger to the Elite 452.

What’s the deal with the steel? Anyone know the differences?

I’m sure I’ll be changing out the trigger to the 452 here after I shoot the rifle a couple times. The new trigger is ~$110. Being that I only paid $1,495 for the rifle I’m still coming out ahead. Buds wants $1,807 for the SR762.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think you're good with the rifle - great thing is Ruger has great Customer Service if you have any issues.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
You can get a LaRue MBT for $87 or a RRA match trigger for $80
Both seem to get rave reviews for two stage triggers and have the same specs as the Ruger two stage Elite 452. But those don't come with the cool little grip and housing to dry fire with.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post