SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Size Comparisons between ARs and Tavor X95
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Size Comparisons between ARs and Tavor X95 Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
Until today, I never really compared the OAL size difference between my 8" (registered) SBR AR 9mm, a 16" barreled M4gery .223 (Colt), and my relatively new Tavor X95 in .300 BLK and a standard 16.5" barrel. I'm really liking the Tavor's compactness!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that MP5 mag ar. But based on my experience its all good on the X95 till you have to pull the trigger, and then it goes downhill fast>..

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I love that MP5 mag ar. But based on my experience its all good on the X95 till you have to pull the trigger, and then it goes downhill fast>..

How so exactly? My x95 is easily my favorite rifle. All it needs is a lightning now trigger to really improve the trigger pull for under 100 bucks. And to the OP try shouldering your tavor one handed then hold out a pistol with your other hand, you’ll find that the rifle sticks out less

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yep, it’s amazing isn’t it. Like you I had the X95 out alongside my 8” 300 BLK SBR’d AR the other day and realized they were essentially the same length.

I also realized that the Tavor was the only 16” gun I own anymore, all my others having been SBR’d.

X95 as compared to 8.25" SBR'd AR-22 and Scropion Micro.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geisselle makes a trigger pack and connector bow for the Tavor that makes the Tavor trigger SWEET!

Added expense yes but the X95 triggers are better out f the box than the original Tavors which did have extremely heavy trigger pulls. The Tavors are excellent home defense guns as they were originally designed for urban combat. Well worth consideration.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I have both the X-95 and several high end AR's. The X-95 takes some getting used to, once that is overcome, it is a fine weapon for CQB.

My preference is for the AR platform.

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We got a couple of the Gen 1 Tavors to T&E. It certainly has its pros, namely the compactness and ability to be easily held one-handed. But I didn't like the weight, trigger, grip, or overall operation/manipulation. (Though the latter can likely be trained through.)

I see the X95 has a different grip, and the trigger is reportedly better (for a bullpup, at least). But I just don't have the burning desire to give it another shot. Maybe at a later date.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I see the X95 has a different grip, and the trigger is reportedly better (for a bullpup, at least)...

My X95 above came with the cutlass style grip (would assume OP's did as well) but I was able to score a FDE pistol grip (this style comes on the SBR variant) to replace the cutlass. Worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I see the X95 has a different grip, and the trigger is reportedly better (for a bullpup, at least)...

My X95 above came with the cutlass style grip (would assume OP's did as well) but I was able to score a FDE pistol grip (this style comes on the SBR variant) to replace the cutlass. Worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.

I switched to the standard pistol grip from the "Cutlass" style. As to the trigger issues, I replaced mine with a 4.5# Timney trigger group and added the Gisselle "Bow". That works fine for me although I understand that a lighter trigger is available from Gisselle.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason IWI added a trigger return spring on the original Tavors. It literally adds 4-5 lbs of weight to the trigger pull. Many people, myself included, remove this second spring and the trigger weight becomes much more stock AR like. It’s easy to remove and replace. I intended to put it back if I ever encountered any issues. I never did and I believe that is the common experience. Try that before dropping hundreds on a trigger pack.

I love Tavors. I love the X95 even more but they are banned in my state by name. Ugh.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was another rifle I wish I kept,Tavor SAR. What a nice gun and very compact. It was heavier than other rifles I have but it didn't seem so bad when I shouldered it while shooting. The weight transfers to your core when shouldered and not so bad compared to an ar-15 I have with a full length quad rail.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I love my X95. It’s heavy but as patw already posted when you shoot it the weight is over your core so it feels great. The compact nature makes it a fantastic HD rifle. Here’s mine next to my Scorpion Micro, 10.5” AR and PSA AK-P.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I just received my stamp and SBR'd my B&T GHM9 Compact. I haven't taken a comparison pic yet, but will do so ASAP.