SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Adding an extension tube to a TAC-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adding an extension tube to a TAC-14 Login/Join 
posted
Have any of you added an extension tube to the Remington TAC-14? If so which one did you use? Did you have to change the follower?

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
I think you just have to remove the dimples from the magazine tube.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjvgnslngr:

Yeah that would work. Any suggestions on how? I have a few ideas, but sometimes you guys have better ideas.

Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
quote:
Originally posted by jjvgnslngr:

Yeah that would work. Any suggestions on how? I have a few ideas, but sometimes you guys have better ideas.

You either have to file them down from the inside, drill them out or use a swage like this: https://www.brownells.com/guns...gauge-prod75328.aspx

You can also use an extended socket and some gun oil.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks GarandGuy. I had thought about the socket route, but I like that there's an actual swage.

posted Hide Post
I drilled mine out then used a Dremel to polish it smooth on the inside.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post