SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX muzzle device
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX muzzle device Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
Would a muzzle device help with recoil during rapid shooting with a 9mm?

My MPX is a sbr. It has a Franklin armory binary trigger in it. So I do a lot of rappid firing.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Doubtful.

I have a comp on my .357 SIG PCC and it only helps some.

I believe comps and such will only show benefits on the hottest of pistol rounds such as .357 SIG, .40, 10mm, etc.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Doubtful.

I have a comp on my .357 SIG PCC and it only helps some.

I believe comps and such will only show benefits on the hottest of pistol rounds such as .357 SIG, .40, 10mm, etc.

That was my thinking as well. Especially out of 8" barrel. I doubt there is much gas if any by the time it reaches the end of the barrel.

Thanks for the help

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Lantac Dragon on my MPX sbr and never noticed recoil.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
There are guys on the net saying on a MPX sbr that it makes a lot of difference though... I'm in the camp of how ?! Have you tried running a heavier bullet ??

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My MPX 9mm is set up as a pistol. Virtually no recoil no matter the speed of the trigger pull.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post