SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    204 Ruger AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

204 Ruger AR Login/Join 
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted
My buddy wants an AR in 204 Ruger and I know nothing about them. I have a Copper Montana Varminter in 204 and I love it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
A few years back a friend had Les Baer Custom build him one in .204 Ruger. Nice gun, fun to shoot and you could shoot tight groups like most .204s do but over all after the novelty wore off it went into safe and he went back to shooting his 556 AR, which by the way was also a LB and shot just as well as the .204. The .204 really offered nothing the 556 couldn't do and cost of ammo was higher. Today the difference in price is even greater, even reloading I seem to remember his cost on the 556 was much cheaper.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I've also wanted an AR 204 upper. Does anybody still offer a ready to go upper?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
All I can find is Wilson Combat, Les Baer and RRA.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I bought a White Oak barrel with headspaced bolt. Never did put it together. I suppose I'll sell it one of these days.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post