SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Riton Optics?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riton Optics? Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Anyone got one of these? Opinions?

I’m interested in their FFP 1-8 x 28 scope. https://www.ritonoptics.com/pr...1-8x28ir-t-tactical/

Intended use is for my Springfield Armory SAR-8 (Greek-made HK 91).

No reviews of this one that I can find, but it just came out this summer.

Riton is veteran owned, only been around since 2013.

I understand their high end is made by LOW in Japan, same as Trijicon 1-8, Primary Arms Platinum, SS HD, and several other brands - so should be good.

I like the specs - 28 mm objective in 34 mm tube should make it a bit brighter at 8x (than a 24 mm lens of comparable glass)

And, they offer a decent discount to MIL/LEO/FR, so that might lead me to try one over the similar Trijicon offering.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: feersum dreadnaught,

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just because it is manufactured by LOW doesn't mean it is as good as the others. They are manufactured to a specification by the company meaning Riton. In this case.

The diameter of the tube has no bearing on brightness.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah LOW makes what they are told to make.

Might be worth a try but realize that more than likely you'll take a bath if trying to resell it, compared to how you might make out with a Trijicon 1-8x, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Any updated info on this brand?

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SWFA scopes are made by LOW and are good to go, Id personally see if one of those would fit the bill before buying a Riton.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post