SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Keltec RDB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keltec RDB Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Ok. I know it's early in the game but this one looks like a winner. MAC has had reviews, and an interview shooting seession with one of the keltec guys. Street price should be sub $1,000 after production gets ramped up. If the positive vibes keep up I will own one that will be my truck carbine.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've been out for a while, production seems to have ramped up earlier in the year, and are already sub $1K in many places. A few threads here already if one does a search.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Keltec over the years has more or less fallen into my novelty gun category. While I do really enjoy their designs and think they are innovative, they seem to be really hit and miss with execution. I rarely hear of Keltec products coming out and not having some issues, whether they are design specific or simply just QC issues that every other major gun company has, just seems to be on a more common trend with Keltec.

Im not a Keltec basher, the few that I have owned were flawless. Just pointing out that they would not really be considered a defensive tool for me at this point, especially at that price point.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I would still have my standard DI (boring) AR. In case we were invaded by Canada or Venezuela. But if it runs well, that thing would hide perfectly in my truck for day to day armed engagements. armadillo, hog, coyote, tweaker.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I would still have my standard DI (boring) AR. In case we were invaded by Canada or Venezuela. But if it runs well, that thing would hide perfectly in my truck for day to day armed engagements. armadillo, hog, coyote, tweaker.

Crazy Canucks.

Cant disagree with you on that point. Id own a Tavor if it came in at the same price point for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
A good friend just got one.
Ergonomically, its a very nice rifle.
However, after the bolt locks back on an empty magazine, it is almost impossible to release the bolt. You have to mortar it to release the bolt. It was getting easier to release the bolt but, last week, he finally got sick of it and sent it back to Keltec. He hasn't heard anything back yet.

I like Keltec's designs and, in my experience, most of their products work well. Its just that their QC seems to be so inconsistent.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I would still have my standard DI (boring) AR.

Firearms aren't "boring" per se. They can be reliable or unreliable, accurate or inaccurate, suitable or unsuitable for a given purpose, ergonomic or difficult to use. In a match yesterday, two guys in my squad had gear which came inaccurate and unreliable by the end of the competition. It wasn't exciting for anyone, nobody fed from the energy of the moment, and their scores tanked. They used my rifle for awhile until they just quit for the day.

I'll take reliable, accurate, and suitable for purpose any day. That's not boring in my book.

IMO boring occurs when the shooter's practices become so routine that the only perceived way to add excitement to the mix is by including a different and unpredictable firearm.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post