SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Have you seen or do you have a blonde Marlin Glenfield??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you seen or do you have a blonde Marlin Glenfield?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
My search continues for a Marlin Glenfield 25 and 50.
So just googling and gunbrokering.
I am coming across a number of rifles. I have quite a few different model 60 variants already but want a bolt gun as well.

I have a model 6060 Otasco diamond jubilee model. Nice little gun I have never shot and not sure it has even been shot before my acquisition but don’t know.

Thing is the stock is blonde as blonde can be. In all my searching I have yet to come across another blonde version of any model.

Anyone have or seen one?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iirc, I got one Christmas of ‘75. Never could get it to feed and traded in on a REM 552 speed master deluxe (sexy to a twelve year old).

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a Glenfield that belonged to my Father in Law.
I stripped the stock, bleached it,then applied a clear poly finish. I don't know if its Blond, more like a clear maple ( not maple, a hardwood, was a walnut stained stock). I like it.

Posts: 4620 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I have a Glenfield that belonged to my Father in Law.
I stripped the stock, bleached it,then applied a clear poly finish. I don't know if its Blond, more like a clear maple ( not maple, a hardwood, was a walnut stained stock). I like it.

Similar to this, I have a Glenfield model 25 that is blonde....but it didn't used to be. The stock was pretty buggered up, so I stripped it, steamed it, and oiled it with tongue oil. I had figured it was walnut, but apparently that was a stain because the color came out when I stripped it. It darkened up some with the tongue oil, but not like it used to be. It still looks ok...just not original.

It's a fine little rifle...it has actually kept me from buying more expensive, "nicer" .22s, because it shoots just fine and it's hard to justify anything else. It may be the most practical rifle I own...if TSHTF and I had to survive in the woods off-grid for years with no contact with civilization, of all the guns in my safe that stupid little $90 rifle would probably be the one I'd have to take.

ETA Photo: My Glenfield 25 under my son's Marlin 25N, to show the difference in the stocks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Its been awhile since I messed with mine.
I do remember replacing the trigger spring with one from a ball point pen, HUGE improvement.

Posts: 4620 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post