SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scope suggestions for Ruger Mini 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope suggestions for Ruger Mini 14 Login/Join 
posted
My dad wants to scope his Mini 14. Main purpose varmints and plinking. Price range around $500. It would also need to illuminte. Thanks

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Leupold VX-Freedom, SKUs either 177225 or 1777226.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will check them out

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Burris fan. I've had so many Burris's I can't remember them all, from all USA-made Signatures, to current Philippines-produced Burris's. The Philippine produced scopes are as good or better than any of the scopes they made in the US.

So I'd recommend the Burris Fullfield E1. I've got several, some on some hard and moderate recoiling rifles, one on a .22, and they are exceptional. It's well under your price threshold. It's got a 1-piece tube. Optics are exceptional. And I really like the ballistic plex reticle. You don't have to turn the whole eye-piece to focus; it's got a separate focus ring. And they hold zero. They are built like tanks inside, among the strongest built scopes on the market.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/s...field-e1-riflescopes

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I may look for quality in the 4.5-14 power range. I generally like a simple duplex over a busier reticle for most shooting, even up to prairie dogging.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post