SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    new 10/22 takedown, now what red dot set up?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new 10/22 takedown, now what red dot set up? Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Finally got around to picking up a takedown 10/22. Now what red dot set up do I get for it. With this model I'm thinking smaller the better suggestions? It a Gallery of Guns Classic French Walnut.

http://www.ruger.com/products/...pecSheets/21149.html

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Take a look at these guys: http://holosun.com/ Especially their solar/battery set ups...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever RDS you decide on, I’d get the Magpul optic mount and install the RDS on it. That’ll give you the best accuracy with a Takedown. Although it’ll require some modifications to that stock to fit.

I swap between a Aimpoint T2 and a Vortex Viper RDS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kilyung,

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jelly - My wife has the Bushnell TRS-25 on her Takedown and can shoot a single ragged hole at 25 yards (about a 1” ragged hole) and loves her set up....Cost was just over $60.00.. Not sure this is small enough for you but wanted to provide the option...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I have a TRS-25 on my 10/22 and I’m pretty darn happy with it as well.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Primary Arms micro dot on one of my 10/22s and it's great. Very compact. I have it mounted on the same rail in Sigarm's photo.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post