SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg persuader & Aguilla ammo won't fire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg persuader & Aguilla ammo won't fire Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted
I have a mossberg pistol grip persuader, with the opsel insert for mini shells. Went to range today, and the aguilla birdshot shells won't fire. There is a slight mark to primer but won't fire. Tried a few shells several times, no dice.

Switched to New federal mini #4 buck, and they fired like normal.

Anybody else have this issue ?

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Hmm.. shotgun shells headspace off the rim, so the length of the shell doesn't matter.

So it's...

1. The shells are made wrong.
2. The insert is keeping the gun from going into battery all the way.
(Which I don't really see how.. unless the lifter isn't dropping all the way and holding things up.)

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Hmm.. shotgun shells headspace off the rim, so the length of the shell doesn't matter.

So it's...

1. The shells are made wrong.
2. The insert is keeping the gun from going into battery all the way.
(Which I don't really see how.. unless the lifter isn't dropping all the way and holding things up.)

I'll have to try and post some pics of the brass rims, they look thin on the aguilla. Might mean shells sigt too far in chamber. The federals rims looks thicker and better formed.

Be nice of federal made some #1 buckshot mini shells. Nice having 8+1 in the compact mossy.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These mini shells are at best amusing. I've a bunch of guns that won't tolerate them. But since the designer never really intended it, its a plus if they work and a never mind if they don't.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10967 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My 590 shoots them fine. I’ve probably only put 50 or so through it but every one has fired. They don’t have any use for serious purposes IMHO but they are a blast to shoot at the range.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post