SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do we still have access to SIG reps here? (Optics questions)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we still have access to SIG reps here? (Optics questions) Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I think some of us would like to have a list of optics NOT sourced from China.

All companies that have inexpensive optics have a Chinese supply chain and I understand the business model. What I would like to see is what optics Sig sells that are NOT Chinese.

Not a political thread. We would like to know what optics we can buy that doesn’t involve the Chinese supply chain.

I would like to reiterate, this thread is not to bash anybody buying a Romeo5, but to find out which Romeo4, if any, is ok to buy for instance.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I think all of their optics are Chinese made, I read somewhere they bought a factory there to make optics.

There are very few USA made optics out there.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I think all of their optics are Chinese made, I read somewhere they bought a factory there to make optics.

There are very few USA made optics out there.

From my research, the Romeo 5 and several older models of Romeo 4(A through M) are 'Assembled in China'.

Some of the newer Romeo 4S/H/T are 'assembled in the US', purportedly with Japanese made components. The Romeo 8 as well. If you look at Osage County Guns, they have photos of a lot of the boxes of these optics which show 'assembly', but not so much 'made in'.

https://osagecountyguns.com/ca...sult/?cat=0&q=romeo4

The Tango 6s are Japanese made by LOW, same place that makes Razor II/III. Their Tango 4s and other optics seem to be a range of Japanese, PI and Chinese made - at least from the price points and the boxes I've have seen.

So in general, their assembly options seem very similar to Vortex.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Maybe some are 'Assembled in China', but NOT this one....

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/tango6t-1-6x24-mm.html

From the 'TANGO6T' product page:
"Assembled in SIG SAUER optics factory in Wilsonville, Oregon, USA"

Here's a Press Release re: the Optic for the US Squad Designated Marksman Rifle (SDMR) Cool

https://www.sigsauer.com/press...ated-marksman-rifle/

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8876 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Did we ever have access to Sig reps here?

I know some folks on the forums have some personal/business connections to Sig in various ways.

But I don't recall there being any formal Sig representatives posting official stuff here.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I remember a SIG rep doing a QA on some stuff a while back.

I have heard:

Romeo1 Pro??

Romeo3 Japan
Tango6 Japan
Higher end Romeo4 not Chinese?
Romeo5/lower end Romeo4 Chinese
Romeo6 not Chinese?
Romeo7 Chinese

I have no idea if this is correct. It should be available somewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
It is, mostly, if you look at the boxes on the link I provided.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Maybe some are 'Assembled in China', but NOT this one....

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/tango6t-1-6x24-mm.html

From the 'TANGO6T' product page:
"Assembled in SIG SAUER optics factory in Wilsonville, Oregon, USA"

Yup, assembled in the USA but made by LOW in Japan, the maker of the Vortex Razor 1-6x24.

Should be a great optic, but the interwebz are pretty sparse for on reviews for it. I'm sure many in the market just opt for the Razor, as it has a solid reputation of use behind it already.

Japan does most of the high end LPVOs, including the Razor Gen 3, Nightforce NX-8s, and others.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I haven't kept up with where SIG assembles its various optics, but, based on the LDD interview with SIG's Andy York at the onset of SIG's entry into the optics market, it is clear that their engineering development and design team is U.S. based.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Did we ever have access to Sig reps here?

I know some folks on the forums have some personal/business connections to Sig in various ways.

But I don't recall there being any formal Sig representatives posting official stuff here.

I don't get the impression that there was any formal arrangement with SIG...but yes, over the years and at various points in time, SIG has maintained a presence on the forum.

At one time, the marketing director for SIG would post on the forum. On a couple occasions he shared some interesting insights into the company, and I can recall at least one occasion in which a member had a quality complaint and he stepped up and handled it. A few of our early members attended a few academy classes and he would shoot the class or competitions with them. I never met him but he struck me as a really nice guy that worked hard because he seemed to love what he did. After he left SIG for new opportunities his posting on the forum greatly decreased, although he did pop back in a couple times to say hello and notify members of some goings ons in the shooting world.

Then we had a member who worked at SIG for several years, involved in their LE/ .mil program. He had joined under one screen name, but at some point SIG let him go, he disappeared for a while, and then reappeared with a Para approved screen name change. He posted several pics of his work when he was with SIG, including a pick up truck full of 55X that he had to shoot on one of SIG's ranges...before cutting some up.

Then we had a SIG employee who had been with the company for several years and had just been promoted into management. He was pretty excited about the new gig, wanted to get a good start in the right direction, joined the forum and started a post about one of SIG's newly launched products. The thread quickly devolved into a dog-pile beat down, apparently SIG wasn't happy about the thread or some of the info mentioned, and, according to some back-channel feedback, he was demoted and transferred to other duty and never posted here again.

There was a SIG CSR that joined the forum a few years back, has answered one or two questions or provided a little light info, but hasn't had much of a posting presence on the board.

I understand at least some of the reasons why SIG doesn't maintain a presence on the forum...but, I sure wish they would.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post