SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I got a 300 blackout AR upper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a 300 blackout AR upper Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I scooped up one of PSA's complete 300 Blackout uppers. This one has a 8.5 in bbl and a PSA 7in lightweight keymod rail. This will be a pistol for the time being and eventually a SBR.

Those who have a similar upper what spring and buffer do you recommend for supersonic and for subsonic rounds? I'll have to switch buffers depending on ammo right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I don't have that .300 upper so I'm not any help RE the buffers but I do have the 5.56 version of what you got. I have to say I'm happy with that upper as a pistol and will probably go the same route for my 300 BO upper. Nice acquisition.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
My complete PSA 300BO upper is 8.5" and I didn't have to change anything. It ate subs and supers equally well with what it came with. That said, I'm in the process of getting an adjustable gas block for it because the subs were so loud even with a can. But functionally it was fine.

Take it to the range and put it through it's paces before buying anything. Hopefully you've got different brands of subs and supers to try out too.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
On both my 10.5" & 8.5" using standard carbine spring and H2 buffers...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I haven't had to change the spring and buffer on mine for shooting subs and supersonic. It has never been an issue.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no psa barrel, but a 8" cmmg, and a 9" ballistic advantage both cycle subs/supers without a suppressor with an H2 buffer, subs ejection is not in the right direction on the cmmg barrel...but does lock the bolt on the last round. no failures.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't have to change out the buffer.

I'm tuning a JP silent capture system for my blackout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Without a adjustable gas block can I expect this upper to be quiet with subsonic rounds and a SWR Octane 9HD can?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Quiet is a relative term. Mine was noticeably "not as loud" with subs, but too loud to shoot without earpro using a TB 30P-1.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post