SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bren 2 quietly released
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bren 2 quietly released Login/Join 
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Price.

A base AR is cheap. However, if I'm ordering a Knights Armament, I expect to not have make adjustments or swap parts to get it to shoot the way they advertise.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
It's cool they finally released it, but only 5 oz less than the 805 Bren? The one that weighs 8.4 lbs in 16" carbine form? That puts the Bren 2 it at 8.1 lbs in the same config. I thought the Bren 2 was supposed to be 2 lbs less than a SCAR according to what some have posted on here?

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
It's cool they finally released it, but only 5 oz less than the 805 Bren? The one that weighs 8.4 lbs in 16" carbine form? That puts the Bren 2 it at 8.1 lbs in the same config. I thought the Bren 2 was supposed to be 2 lbs less than a SCAR according to what some have posted on here?

I had read less than 7lbs. in carbine form for the 556. Just goes to show you that a piston gun is just not capable of being that light without some serious steel reduction.

You can shave a couple of oz. whittling down the aluminum and polymer, but steel is steel.

The DI ar is the best platform for low weight . Kel Tecs are pretty light, but i hate to think how they did it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
Price.

A base AR is cheap. However, if I'm ordering a Knights Armament, I expect to not have make adjustments or swap parts to get it to shoot the way they advertise.

Exactly.
As noted above, one can start with an $800 AR and replace parts as desired for a reasonable price.

Or one can buy a completed KAC, JP, Wilson, Larue, Noveske, DD, etc. pretty much configured as desired. With components that won't be swapped out for upgrades.

Or one can build from a variety of components. Maybe a Larue trigger, JP BCG, Krieger barrel, Magpul stock, DD rail, BCM grip -- all with a pirate-themed receiver set. And have a rifle that drives tacks at long distance with match ammo, that yawns at mag dumps with surplus ball ammo, and that cycles flawlessly both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Why is it that nobody thinks twice about an AR with user added safeties, grips, stocks, rails, and whatever else, but when it's a Scorpion, Tavor/X95, SCAR, or literally anything else, it's unconscionable?

Because people just like to be outraged.

It’s the golden era of firearms.

Buy stuff you like and do whatever you want to it.

Or leave it stock.

Or somewhere in between.

I can say, owning both a SCAR 16 & 17, both weapons are nice “as is”. Sure, upgraded triggers, rails, etc are nice - just like they are on ARs - but considering supply vs demand, SCAR upgrades are typically more expensive.

Then don’t even start to cry about the need for upgrades when that tricked out AR has a cheap knock off optic on it... because with a quality weapon, the optic is the first, most important addition IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Bren 2 in .308 looks great.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Anyone seeing a CZ Bren 2 5.56 or .308, for sale?

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post