SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ 457 .22LR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 457 .22LR Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Picked this one up today. These CZs are built like tanks. I believe you can pass this one down for several generations. Well made and quite accurate. Adjustable trigger, which I will lighten this one some. Like it a lot !

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2746 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Nice! I got a 457 Scout (with a suppressor) to teach my girls to shoot with. Which scope is that?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
Nice! I got a 457 Scout (with a suppressor) to teach my girls to shoot with. Which scope is that?

Leupold Freedom Series 3 X 9

Posts: 2746 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:

Leupold Freedom Series 3 X 9

Awesome, thanks. I'll check it out.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which model is that? Training rifle? I bought a 457 American about 6 months ago. Awesome rifle! Very accurate, great fit, finish & quality and with a great trigger. Enjoy!!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
Which model is that? Training rifle? I bought a 457 American about 6 months ago. Awesome rifle! Very accurate, great fit, finish & quality and with a great trigger. Enjoy!!

Yes, it is a training model. I agree with your statements 100%. Very well made and fitted.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I adjusted the trigger down from 3 pounds 12 ounces to 2 pounds 10 ounces. Then to the range to try it out. Much nicer . I know the CZ can do better with the right ammo, but not sure about the dude behind the trigger. I believe I can do better though !! Norma Tac-22 @ 25 yards.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Try some SK match and lapua center x. One of those two will be better than the tac 22. Sometimes the slower stuff is better but you have to be careful with subs with that long barrel. May end up with a squib but it’s on the rarer side.

Posts: 2830 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Had tried Lapua and Eley Target, still likes Norma best. I have some RWS and some Eley Club Match yet to try.

posted Hide Post
Does that have the 29” barrel? Looks like it. I have one and love it. If I miss it is long enough to reach out and slap whatever I missed!!!

Posts: 4041 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked this one up today...Like it a lot !

CZ makes a pretty sweet rimfire rifle. I have several 452s chambered in .22LR.
You'll have lots of fun with your new rifle, congrats!
Nice scope, too Smile

Posts: 1780 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I believe the barrel is 24.8" per CZ. . This is the 457 Training model. I do like it a lot , already thinking I need another one ( CZ). LOL

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I just bought a CZ myself to target shoot at my local range. I found a 10 round and 25 round mag this weekend at a gun show for $35 each. Didn't know they made a 25 rounder. Looks cool, but doesn't work while shooting off sandbags. Smile

My .22 line up.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the barrel is 24.8" per CZ. . This is the 457 Training model. I do like it a lot , already thinking I need another one ( CZ). LOL

Watch out! They can be addictive!! My American is a heck of a rifle, and the Varmint looks really nice too. Quite a variety of models to choose from.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I found a 452 in .22 magnum that is haunting me ! It's at the same shop where I found this one too. Big Grin

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I had a 452 Training Rifle from 2002-09. (Why past tense? Don't ask.) Even without a scope, that rifle, with the best open (non-aperture) sights available, could shoot the whisker off a gnat. Smile I understand the later version has the safety operating the "right" direction (i.e., push forward to take off).

Posts: 27910 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Yes , that is correct safety is push to shoot now.

Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found a 452 in .22 magnum that is haunting me ! It's at the same shop where I found this one too. Big Grin
I'll go second in line if you don't want it. Been looking for one of them like forever.

Posts: 822 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Timely thread. I ordered a CZ 457 .22 Scout and a Henry lever action .22 carbine (could not find a youth model) for my 2 boys yesterday. They've had pellet rifles for a few years and I thought it was time to step up to .22. Took me a while to find anything in stock.

Posts: 5753 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
OK, so this is really a slippery slope, went back to the shop looking for the 452 but found out I was wrong it was a 455. So also there was a brand new 2021 457 American in .22 magnum. You know I walked out of there with another 457 !