SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 751 SAPR - 100 available @ JDI
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 751 SAPR - 100 available @ JDI Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
No doubt.....

I asked about 922(r) kits and was told those are inbound for May. US-made magazines....seems like more is needed just mags. JDI is also working on US-made steel lowers.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it's now May. Has anyone seen one in the flesh? I know nothing about JDI.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are now estimating June delivery.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
More time. That means more time to save up or sell half my liver on the grey market...

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
551 "pistol" just got approved. 14.3" barrel and diopter model...only 50 being imported.

IdontneeditIdontneeditIdontneedit

As of today, there's one less available. Smile

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting on ATF approval for long barrel now available to preorder from JDI...16" 2 piece barrel (removable flash hider) 17.9" 1 piece barrel and 20" 2 piece barrel. The 17.9" is already sold out, about 5 16" left and only a couple 20" left. Delivery time target is mid June. Deposit is $500 with balance due when they ship from Switzerland.

SAN 511, 550, 551, 552
SAN SG 553, 553R (NFA)
SAN SG 751 SAPR (NFA)
H&K G36k, MP5 (NFA)
FN SCAR17 (NFA)
FN SAW249 (NFA)

Posts: 77 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I wish that somehow the Swiss arms 550 series made their way back into the states in a quantity that was more affordable.

JDI is bringing in (50) 550 (already sold out) pistols, guessing eventually a few will popup on gunbroker after they get imported.

SAN 511, 550, 551, 552
SAN SG 553, 553R (NFA)
SAN SG 751 SAPR (NFA)
H&K G36k, MP5 (NFA)
FN SCAR17 (NFA)
FN SAW249 (NFA)

Posts: 77 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have a 550 and a 751-LB reserved

Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 550 and a 751-LB reserved

What's the importation status of the 751s, and is it still 100 which they seek to import?

Also, what does the LB do for you - does it affect its status in the whole 922r debate?

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
yes, 100. The vast majority will be one-piece 20" barreled "pistols". I opted for one of five 16" removable FH pistols (technically, it is likely just a "firearm"). This allows it to be more useful than the original SB config while being non-NFA when I put a stock on it. It will also have a suppressor attached so OAL was a concern.

As for 922(r), I have sufficient US-sourced parts to be compliant, not that I need to be as I'm not the manufacturer or importer.

posted Hide Post
SIG 751LB - what parts are available to get this thing 922(r) compliant when going to a rifle?

Posts: 1047 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A. | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SperlingPE:
SIG 751LB - what parts are available to get this thing 922(r) compliant when going to a rifle?

ShootingSight trigger, US mags and new flash hider. That said, you're not a manufacturer so 922(r) doesn't strictly apply though BATFE has waffled on that interpretation for decades.

posted Hide Post
PGT - US mags? Are there US mags and I am looking for a US made stock [SIG 551]

Posts: 1047 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A. | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SperlingPE:
PGT - US mags? Are there US mags and I am looking for a US made stock [SIG 551]

CDNN has 20rd 551 mags but they're marked as Swiss. There are factory SIG mags sold through US dealers that I believe are US-made.

I have a spare fixed side folding triangle stock for the 551 if you need one (not Swiss made)

posted Hide Post
I have never seen US made SIG 55x mags. Gate wood has 3d printed followers and floorplates.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Even the ones in Sig hang bags were Swiss made? Odd. I have some and they're not marked while others are. Perhaps its just a change for export over the years.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Even the ones in Sig hang bags were Swiss made? Odd. I have some and they're not marked while others are. Perhaps its just a change for export over the years.

There are no US made 55x mags. I wish they did make them in the US, though I wouldn’t trust Exeter to make them. Would be great if magpul made 55x mags.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post