SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 751 SAPR - 100 available @ JDI
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 751 SAPR - 100 available @ JDI Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted
Per the video on Vickers Tactical, there are 100 7.62 SIG 751 SAPR's that will/are imported by JDI in Texas.

$4K, 14.5" barrel pistols.

Thought Sigforum would like this news.

If this is true I hope more 553P's come in.

HK Ag

https://www.full30.com/video/3...8f7884acabb167cc82d3

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
A few things to ponder.. presumably the 751s SAPRs will mostly get a SIG folding stock amd SBR'ed into a rifle by customers.. can't see many people using a .308 pistol

Also with the 553's being imported, I didnt see any mention of a russian 7.62x39 variant of the gun (which has been around in Europe already).. can we expect this might ultimately be available?

Lastly on JDI's website they show several conversion kits for 55x series rifles - which is an entire barrelled receiver, that I suppose you could swap out. However in the USA, ATF deems the upper receiver as the actual registered firearm. If you bought one of these arem't there assault rifle ban issues, as you'd be making a new firearm? someone clear this up for me on how this would all work!

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That's a whole lot of cheddar but I want one.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
If this is true I hope more 553P's come in.

As far as I've read, there's a batch of 553P's chambered in 300 Blackout pending ATF approval right now.

quote:
Originally posted by heckler:
Also with the 553's being imported, I didnt see any mention of a russian 7.62x39 variant of the gun (which has been around in Europe already).. can we expect this might ultimately be available?

Those seem to be a pretty popular variant right now. I believe, the last batch they imported were 553R pistols.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
JDI confirmed imports were approved for other 553 "pistol uppers". One of which is 300BLk but for some odd reason, they are bringing 12" only which is apparently all SAN is making. I guess you could always have it choppped and threaded to the proper 8.9" but as pricey as they will be, I wish they'd come the right length for that caliber.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see a US parts kit being available. How can they be converted to a rifle or SRR?

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
You mean in general or 922r?

posted Hide Post
922r

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
US trigger group, different muzzle device, different rail/sight, US made grip lots of ways to get the parts count. Its pretty similar to an AK of course so using a 922r calculator online is a good start.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I wish that somehow the Swiss arms 550 series made their way back into the states in a quantity that was more affordable.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
US trigger group, different muzzle device, different rail/sight, US made grip lots of ways to get the parts count. Its pretty similar to an AK of course so using a 922r calculator online is a good start.

Considering the caliber difference between all of swiss arms rifles (5.56) and the newer SAPR (.308), I'm not so sure as to the swap-ability of parts between the two types of guns.. surely the bolt group, barrel, flash hider are different. 922r compliance could be tough

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Interestingly, JDI doesn't seem concerned with compliance.

They're also advertising uppers as "conversion kits" when they're really a transferable item ("pistol or handgun" in ATF parlance since they carry the S/N). So, if you want to use your existing lower on a 12" upper, that's an issue until you get a tax stamp back on it. Its a separate gun in the eyes of the Gov.

Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
It's been a while, and I forgot what the concensus decision was, but in the "old" days, the fact that you had/manufactured an NFA weapon (In this case an SBR) trumped the requirements of sec. 922r

Put simply once a gun became NFA-ized the other rules, like 922r went out the window.. im guessing thats wrong, and my SBRs meet 922r - even though I don't know if BATF has an official position.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It's a gray area for sure, mostly because 922(r) applies to manufacturers. By submitting a Form 1, you're not the manufacturer or importer (those are both clearly listed on the form) but rather the "maker". "Maker" isn't covered in 922(r).

John Pierce has a good overview on this (based on he and I discussing on the phone)....his recommendation to be compliant is out of an abundance of caution not because there's judicial precedence or case law to go on.
https://johnpierceesq.com/does...-an-imported-pistol/

BATFE has oft painted itself into corners over how it interprets things and the LAST thing they want is to have a judge make a decision about whether or not their house of cards makes logical or legal sense. So, to date...I don't believe there's ever been a single prosecution of an individual over 922(r) compliance or lack thereof. Of course...none of us want to be the first so we allow the overreach.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heckler:
It's been a while, and I forgot what the concensus decision was, but in the "old" days, the fact that you had/manufactured an NFA weapon (In this case an SBR) trumped the requirements of sec. 922r

Put simply once a gun became NFA-ized the other rules, like 922r went out the window.. im guessing thats wrong, and my SBRs meet 922r - even though I don't know if BATF has an official position.

ATF reversed this opinion and now holds that an imported SBR must comply with 922(r). I think it is BS, but it is what it is and I comply because I don't want to be the test case.

http://static.hkpro.com/straig...in/docs/SAR_922r.pdf

http://static.hkpro.com/straig...SportingPurposes.pdf

Both found here:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-...orting-purposes.html

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would a brace be usable on this pistol. I can't see spending $4030 for a Swiss gun and then having to replace Swiss parts with American parts.

certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pony220:
Would a brace be usable on this pistol.

it would for sure, I have a 553p that came with a brace installed, its still a pistol. And even if you did put a stock on it for SBR there are no US parts available to swap.....

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading the product description on the web page, it seems the upper receiver is missing from the imported product.

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
551 "pistol" just got approved. 14.3" barrel and diopter model...only 50 being imported.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
551 "pistol" just got approved. 14.3" barrel and diopter model...only 50 being imported.

IdontneeditIdontneeditIdontneedit

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post