SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    .410 bore lever gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.410 bore lever gun Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
I’m looking for a .410 for the bride. Took her to the local gun shop to shoulder some things and she preferred the mechanics of the lever guns to the pumps. I know Marlin and Rossi both made them, but are no longer in production. I am focused on the Henry offering at the moment. Seems to be typical Henry product; quality at a price, I just wish it had a loading gate rather that being tube fed

I would love to hear experiences with the Henry or others that are available. Let me know if there is something else I should be looking at. L

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a recent production Henry. I don't have, nor have I ever handled the Marlin or the Rossi to give you a comparison of any kind.
For the price the Henry seems nicely made, decently fitted and runs fine.
My sole complaint would be in the shorter barrel version I have you don't get choke tubes.
You are limited to 2 1/2" shells as well. Not sure your use of it, but I'd have had no issues using one for pest control but not a lot of rounds either.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post