SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Citadel M1-9 carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citadel M1-9 carbine Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I was poking around Cabelas today and saw a couple of Citadel M1-9 carbines. These look exactly like an M1 carbine, but they shoot 9mm and take Beretta 9mm mags. It looked like a pretty fun rifle.
Does anyone have experience with these? Before today, I'd never heard of them.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I was poking around Cabelas today and saw a couple of Citadel M1-9 carbines. These look exactly like an M1 carbine, but they shoot 9mm and take Beretta 9mm mags. It looked like a pretty fun rifle.
Does anyone have experience with these? Before today, I'd never heard of them.

I also sighted a rack full of the 9mms at the local Cabellas and compared them to the Legacy/Citadel/Chiappa .22LR version of the rifle that I own.

They make extensive use of plastic on these and the rear sights are not high quality.
Some GI parts MAY fit but it is not recommended.
The wood stock version required a bit of rasp work to get the GI oiler and sling to fit, supposedly this is not an issue with plastic stocked versions.

Only problems I have experienced were an occasional failure to lock back after the last round and the screw for the front sling swivel went AWOL after a shooting session.
Accuracy is tolerable considering the installed sights.

I am uncertain how my experience with the 22 would translate to the 9mm, however.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My only knowledge of them was very briefly talking to a guy who had one at a pistol caliber carbine match. From our quick exchange, it didn't sound like he was having much luck keeping it working.

Based on that tiny sliver of info, I'd think plinker, not competition gun or weapon.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Reviews have been pretty universally bad.

Poor quality. Poor reliability.

Which sucks, because I'd really love a 9mm M1 Carbine.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yeah, if someone could put that together I’d for sure get one.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no knowledge of it and have never heard of it. From my experience, guns like that have never lived up to be anything but are piece of crap. Caswe in point, the Universal carbine.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Gimme a modern production M1 carbine that shares a majority of parts with USGI, and feeds from 9mm glock mags, and I'll buy three.

Ok, say that's asking too much. Give me a 9mm M1 carbine that feeds from Glock mags for starters and we can niggle the details WHILE YOU

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I've heard the same thing. I saw a used one for sale locally, but was afraid it was being sold because it wasn't reliable.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Buy a Beretta Cx4 Storm with the 92 magwell. Very accurate and perfectly reliable.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post