SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Civilian version AA-12 shotgun civilian release
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Civilian version AA-12 shotgun civilian release Login/Join 
posted
Looks like they are finally releasing a semi auto version of the AA-12 to the general public, I bet it’s going to be expensive but I won’t care

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/...n-version-aa-12-way/

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3k for the current run. There are a shit ton of premium quality semi auto shotguns for half that.

Super cool i want 1 anyways

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s disappointing, I figured it wouldn’t be cheap, but didn’t think it would be that ridiculous. A mag feed semi auto with nearly no recoil would be nice to have

Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
$3,000?! No.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
You know it's expensive when it's almost double the cost of a Benelli M4.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It's less than half of the semi-auto M249. $3k isn't bad for a small run of firearm.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It a gun that garnered little interest other than in the media when it was out in the first place. I think the only group that showed any interest was the USMC and they passed. Don’t see the desire for something that was basically a failure, especially at that price. But, there are a few people with money burning a hole in their pocket who will undoubtedly bite.

I’m just curious how conversion to semi-auto will affect the gun, items like reliability and recoil.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This is a hard no. If I want a semi-auto version of something cool, I'll go with This.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look of them but would be hard pressed to pay that much. I imagine parts and mags will be hard to get and expensive.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
But but but...

https://youtu.be/gQWq1Z-J-EE

Hollywood wannabe fantasy; perfect for those practiced in the fine art of square-range-mandated slow fire on a B-27 target at 7 yards.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Honestly I was never all that impressed with the full auto one. I can shoot a semi auto at a higher rate of fire.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also just found out that it won’t even be available in stores. You can only get it through gun broker or armslist only. So 3k and it’s a pain in the ass to buy? Nope

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
At $3k, how many stores would be willing to carry it? That part makes sense.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
This is a hard no. If I want a semi-auto version of something cool, I'll go with This.

Holy shit! Eek

WANT

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Holy shit! Eek

WANT

SMG built my DPM. An FG42 is on the list. I'd go that route too over the AA12

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post