SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anderson Rifles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anderson Rifles Login/Join 
posted
Still in business?

I've tried to get on their web site over the past couple of weeks and it's offline.

Guess I'll look elsewhere.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like a website upgrade. Not that I'm endorsing Anderson.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Looks like a website upgrade. Not that I'm endorsing Anderson.

I've put together three AR's with anderson lowers and never had an issue. They all go bang when they're supposed to and are CHEAP

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their number works. I called it and asked a technical question not to long ago. It looks to me that they are just updating their website.

I know that there isn't much love for Anderson manufacturering, but I have used both of their upper and lower receivers.

As a matter of fact my SBR is built on an Anderson manufacturering lower receiver.

The fit between the upper and lower receivers are as good or better than my other AR's.

The machining and finish on all of mine have been very good (even the blem upper receiver, which you can't find a blemish on).

I sure hope that they are around to make more good quality lowers for a great price. I don't want to call them cheap, because I don't see how a in spec., foraged 7075-T6 receiver that's finished well can be cheap/junk.

Plus I like that they are made in my home State, just up the road (about 75 miles) from me.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Ive built quite a few with their lowers. Never had an issue.

Now AR57 brand is a different story. Their rear take down pins were off by a quarter inch.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have been updating their website for more than two weeks.

Sounds like someone needs a new IT department.

I've used a lot of their LPK's. I polish them up and they work fine.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scuttlebutt
posted Hide Post
Their lowers are pretty dirty with machining chips and burrs around the bolt catch ears but they clean up and assemble really well.The finish is very thin.I haven't had any issues in the four that I've assembled as long as you get them really clean before you begin assembly.

"The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese !"

Posts: 1221 | Location: Warner,N.H. | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
On a related topic, anyone know anything about the Anderson RF85 rifle? Their claim is that it never requires any lube. Ever. Not just a minimal lube, but no lube.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
They sent out an email today saying their site was back up.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post