SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Flip Up, BUIS for AR15
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flip Up, BUIS for AR15 Login/Join 
posted
Which do you prefer and are these two brands both GTG?

Magpul Gen2.

Diamondhead with NiteBrite.

* Edit: Black Friday Specials got me. Both are on the way, like a 2 for 1 deal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Excam_Man,

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the MagPul BUIS, I have both front and rear on my SBR.

They are surprisingly touch, I don't remember where, but I read where someone did drop testing on BUIS and the MagPul beat out ever some steel.

They also have the benefit of being lightweight and you can get them in matching colors.

I have two SBR's one is 5.56X45mm the other is .300 AAC Blackout. The 5.56 is FDE and the .300 Blackout is gray, the sights match the color of the stock, pistol grip and forearm.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory has Magpul MBUS on sale for $49.99 with free shipping.

I ordered mine yesterday.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Primary arms has a hell of a deal on the Troy battle sites. This is what I prefer to use on all of my AR's. Have not had a chance to try the Magpul, but have heard good things about them. For some reason, I just keep gravitating to the Troy's. I Use both front and rears depending on my setup.

Primary Arms Black Friday sale. the fronts are $48 and the rears are $58. In either black or flat dark earth.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like magpul the best

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Magpul rear on mine, no complaints .

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I prefer the MBUS Pro, the standards always felt clunky to me.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
I use Troy.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If they're truly just going to be backups, and you have a quality optic on the rifle, go with the Magpul MBUS.

If they're going to be your primary sights, and/or they're going on something for serious use, I'd recommend upgrading to metal sights. I like Troy's metal BUIS, but the Magpul Pro is also a good option.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend the MAGPUL MBUS for a BUIS for most folks. It's affordable, light weight and functional.

I've used Troy, Knights and Matech. They are also good.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Magpul. Works, light weight and good price point.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul MBUS pro or KAC micros.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I recently pulled the carry handle of my AR and mounted a red dot, installed a folding Magpul rear to use with the factory front sight. Three clicks windage and I was right on at 50 yrds.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I use the MBUS. They are pretty decent quality. I use Aimpoint optics, so the BUIS are truly backups.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat Magpul products.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I am torn on deciding myself. I have Magpul on one rifle, but the new one needs front and rear.

The Magpuls are light and tough, but are really blocky, especially the front.

I like the look of the Troy Battle Sights, especially the HK front.

I have not played with the Troy sights, so I am not sure how the mechanism works.

It's difficult to decide when a set of Magpul can be had for $50 and it is something I will likely never need.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I prefer the MBUS Pro, the standards always felt clunky to me.

+1

Blitzkrieg makes a Luminescent front sight post for them as well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I have not played with the Troy sights, so I am not sure how the mechanism works.

There's no auto deployment mechanism, like the Magpul MBUS.

To deploy, you manually raise them to the upper position, where a spring-loaded crossbar locks them in place in the upright position. To fold them down, you depress the button on the side of the sight, and manually lower them to the folded position.

It's a simple and robust system, with no chance of them automatically springing up if the rifle is dropped or bumped, and no chance of inadvertently folding them down if the deployed sight is knocked into something.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Troy, specifically the HK type.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I tried the MagPul plastics and the rear broke a few winters ago. My guess is they got brittle in the cold. Since then I’ve used Griffin Armament and Knights Armament Micros. They aren’t the cheapest. Troy’s would hold up well too. I’m not familiar with Diamondhead.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post