SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX Optic Question--- Optic Purchased-----
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Optic Question--- Optic Purchased----- Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thanks. ^^^^ I thought that might be what you were doing.
My 8" MPX has been both reliable and very accurate. Strange. Cool

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Thanks. ^^^^ I thought that might be what you were doing.
My 8" MPX has been both reliable and very accurate. Strange. Cool

Oh yeah, she's all kinds of accurate when I do my part. I won't rehash my thread on the reliability issues here but it's going back to SIG for the other bit.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My folding braced 8" Gen2 MPX used to wear a Romeo4. A 'C', I think; SIG has been changing up the Romeos so fast the past year or two that it's damn hard to keep track of what's what and which letter of the alphabet is where. Never did feel that the little solar panel on my Romeo4 did very much but it was an okay red dot otherwise. Bought it because I foolishly developed the notion that a SIG "should have" a SIG.

Ultimately I didn't really build any trust in the Holosun lookalike, but it's never broken or failed to turn on. Alas it's MIC, and for one of my go-to guns I would rather not rely upon a optic that has Beijing calling the shots, or at least lurking in the background. Somewhat hypocritical considering where virtually ALL cellphones come from. But for now the Romeo spends time on one of my 22LR rifles. And I'm happy with that.

So now it's a Trijicon Type I RM06 on ADM QD for my MPX. I like the RMR form factor for the gun but even with the battery shim plate this particular Type I will still flicker from time to time. It's one of the Cabela's specials and of the three RMRs (all Type I) that I currently own it may have to go back to Trijicon for a little diagnostics and treatment.

I also got to try a TA31 on the gun; while I've always like the chevron reticle (particularly in green), having a fixed 4x on a gun with a 8" barrel that spits 9x19 seems a bit over-the-top. But it was still fun to use with my MPX anyways. I do want one, but it'll wind up on a 5.56x45 gun. I've also played with one of my T-1 Micros on the MPX; it works and feels good on the gun but I'm not feeling the love for dropping another $700 plus the cost of a mount just to outfit the SIG. Need another contract overrun to happen, but when that does is anyone's guess. Oh well, I suppose the homely (IMHO) MRO is looking a lot less uglier these days.

The gun itself been completely reliable with Gen2 magazines. It did choke recently with a Gen1 mag I borrowed to try from a fellow Gen2 MPX owner. Wasn't sure if it was the specific mag or whether my gun just doesn't like Gen1 magazines since the 'choker' was the only Gen1 we had between the two of us.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I needed good battery life, excellent glass, a dot within a circle for a reticle, needing a 2032 battery, and under $500 with a mount.

After much discussion with my RedLeg buddy, I purchased a Sig Sauer 6H. It should be here this coming Friday.

Thank you for all of your help.

Banned
posted Hide Post
The Sig Romeo 6H arrived today and is on the MPX and very ready to go.
A trip to the range to sight it in and that should be that.
Well made and well packaged with beautiful glass and the reticle is just what I needed.

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I was not aware of the 6H. I think that would go nicely on my 300 BO.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
For my HD MPX Pistol, using the Dot and Circle reticle, it is an amazing view, especially in a dark room with a WML wearing a blue filter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-S...p2057872.m2749.l2649

Good luck to you.

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Thank you. One is on the way. Smile

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I didn't know of the 6H, thanks for posting and sharing.

The specs for the 6H are close to what I am looking for in a red dot ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think you will be pleased. The 6H is very fast.(For me)