SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "The final chapter"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The final chapter" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gun manufacturers need to figure it out. This shit is boring. Whatever product is being hyped by these Game of Thrones writer wannabees never lives up to the hype.

Unless gun manufacturers think we're all too stupid to see by this time that this kind of hype always leads to disappointment, they really need to cut it out.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's probably an integral 1 stamp Virtus

Posts: 32 | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"Tango Down"

That's like totally badass

Maybe it will be a tango along the lines of "Por Una Cabeza"? This tango has been made into some pretty hot dance scenes in movies.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vapor Trail:
It's probably an integral 1 stamp Virtus

Solid guess

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
How much longer til the final chapter is released?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

(Also they've discontinued support for the MCX Big Grin)

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
"offers M4 ballistics"

"features a 5.5" barrel"

I feel like these two statements are mutually exclusive...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Switch-barrel, eh?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's basically an MCX pistol. Wheeeeee!

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
"offers M4 ballistics"

"features a 5.5" barrel"

I feel like these two statements are mutually exclusive...

My first thought too. Thats even short for a 300blk.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

No its not, its a Rattler....designed for top tier units.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Lame to the nth degree. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"M4 ballistics in a subgun-sized package"

The ballistics by the inch website puts 55 grain 223 ammo at roughly 475 foot pounds muzzle energy for a 5.5" barrel. Pretty darn anemic for a 223.

A 5.5" barrel can produce the same muzzle energy with a number of .45ACP, .40S&W, and 9mm +P loads. Chamber a 5.5" barrel for 10mm and muzzle energies can be over 600 foot pounds.

Yep, this is one uber-powerful "rifle". The name "rattler" probably comes from the effects on one's ears from firing a 223 cartridge in such a short barrel.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Bottoms need not apply?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Bottoms need not apply?

They couldnt handle the power of 5.56 out of a 5.5in barrel.
The mere fact it has Virtus lineage should tell you its not for commoners. They get the MCX composed of substandard parts not designed for the long haul.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Sig's marketing department needs a kick in the nuts and it's budget slashed...rattled...whatever.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That's real stupid, but people will buy it so good for sig USA I guess.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's basically an MCX pistol. Wheeeeee Hissssssssss !
Smile

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I imagining the following or perhpas expanding too much? But wasn't there a thread that LDD did and Sig execs said they were going to back of this nonsense? I get that this forum is a unique group of gun owners, but as Para pointed out, who the hell actually falls for this level of marketing? Are they going to dig up Billy Mays next and throw in a package of tactical ShamWow's with preorders?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Turn-over in the gun industry is fairly frequent. I know two people in SIG's marketing department right now, but not who was the genesis for the Rattler roll out.

Any new release in the black rifle market is going to having to bring something new to the table.

The novelty of a 5.5" bbl'd option is diminutive, in my opinion. I don't personally find a 5.5" 5.56 very compelling regardless of what operating system it's built with (for reasons already ably described by fritz). I have, let's say, "a few" ARs, and even one MCX, and none of my 5.56 guns has a bbl shorter than 11.5" nor would I purchase a 5.56 in less than 10.3".

I understand what SIG is trying to do, but I was really hoping for a .308 MCX.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post