SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "The final chapter"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The final chapter" Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Went to the sig website today and was greeted by this image. Anyone have any idea what it's all about?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG MCX Legion?

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like any of the normal MCX stocks that are available now..

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Also that would be weird right after releasing the virtus.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
MCX .308

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*See the beta chapter

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 11 bankruptcy?

teaming up with Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil?

J.K. Rowling wrote something new in the Harry Potter series?

hoopla from a first-year marketing undergrad, about a product that will never attain the promoted hype?

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
hoopla from a first-year marketing undergrad, about a product that will never attain the promoted hype?

most likely

Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I do think this is related to the MCX Virtus. They eluded to another Virtus configuration or model when I read about it a week ago or so.
Warpig, I can only hope it's a .308 MCX finally.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
MCX .308

"Final Chapter" sounds kind of ominous.

I would like to see an MCX-MR though (.308/6.5 Creedmore).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
I do think this is related to the MCX Virtus. They eluded to another Virtus configuration or model when I read about it a week ago or so.
Warpig, I can only hope it's a .308 MCX finally.

Possibly, but what a 20in barrel DMR type model? Why make all the hype for a barrel kit?
If they really want to round out there line up offer the "MRX" in 308 family caliber. The MPX, MCX and a 308 class gun would round it out. That of course would likely mean the end of the Gen2 716 which ahs only been out for a year but that wouldnt surprise me being Sig.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
They are phasing out the MCX and dropping support to introduce a new platform?

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
They are phasing out the MCX and dropping support to introduce a new platform?

I doubt with the Virtus release but would it really surprise you fi they did?

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
This has all the hype markings of when Springfield released the Saint.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
This has all the hype markings of when Springfield released the Saint.

hahaha that's exactly what I was thinking.

All we need now is a dedicated website for it - and some 20 year olds doing a lot of fitness activities

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
so this is the end for them? Alrighty then.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
All we need now is a dedicated website for it - and some 20 year olds doing a lot of fitness activities

But only if said 20-something year olds walk the runway for Victoria's Secret.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Preparing to be underwhelmed. That way, if its something good, I'll be surprised.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

most likely

I'll second that. The only Sig product in recent memory that lived up to it's billing has been the P 320. Sent my MPX packing after the charging handle peening issue and lack of caliber exchange kits.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would seem appropriate to the billing is that sig has decided its better to build auto widgets than guns so everything is now in its final chapter. But I'm guessing this is and will be stupid.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post